wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Friday, July 30, 2010

He Gives Me Beauty for Ashes

I was appreciating my rose bush in my backyard because there were new pinkish red blossoms that just popped out.  As I got a closer look I saw green ivy intertwined.  At first I thought it was pretty but realized the ivy was covering up the beautiful roses.  So I started yanking on the ivy.  I did so carefully so the blossoms stayed intact.

I asked God, "What in my life is covering the fragrant roses?"  What is keeping me from all of my possibilities?  I am seeking that question because I want my fruit to shine.  The fruit of the Holy Spirit;  love, joy, peace, patience, and self control.  The big one for me is self control in my life.  

So the scripture came to my mind.
He gives me beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that we might be trees of righteousness, planted of the Lord, that God might be glorified.

No comments: