wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

How Should We Love? Clara Mae and Sue

Accept one another, then just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.  Romans 15;7
And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased.  Hebrews 13:16
Be Kind and compassionate to one another Ephesians 4:32
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  Colossians 3:13
Pray for one another so that you might be healed.  The prayer of a Godly person is powerful.  It makes things happen.  James 5:16
Serve one another in love. Galations 5:13
Teach and instruct one another with all wisdom.  Colossians 3:16
Encourage one another and build each other up... 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Offer Hospitality to one another without grumbling.  I Peter 4:19

There are many examples of love through relationships in the Bible.  I can think of Jonathan and David, Esther and Naomi, Elijah and Elisha, Jesus and His disciples, Paul and Timothy, and the most important relationship between Jesus and His Bride the Church.  Jesus gave us the perfect example of love when he gave His life for us on the cross.  He was the sacrifice for our sins.  He bridged the gap between us and God so whoever believes in Jesus will be saved.  We need to trust, rely upon, cast our cares on Him.  Jesus died for us that we might be set free.  We give Him all our cares, He gives us all our peace.

How should we love?  An example of love I have in my life is between my mom, Sue and her cousin Clara Mae.  After my dad passed my mom was very lonely.  Clara Mae called her every night to check on her.  She called so my mom had someone to talk to.  It was very quiet in the house when you are use to having someone around.  My mom cared for my dad after his stroke for seven years.  He did not talk but a few simple words.

Sue took him shopping with her and said, " Sanford just stay there in that chair and I'll be back in a minute." He never wondered around but was happy to just sit and watch.  This seemed like a burden to many but she preferred to take care of my dad than be alone in an empty house.  If she went shopping she had someone to go with.  People were always willing to help even if they were strangers.

After a few years of Clara Mae and Sue talking on the phone her cousin got an idea.

"Sue, why don't you call Jack.  I went to the Putman City reunion and I asked Jack, do you remember Sue?"

He said, "Do I ever.  She was the first girl I danced with at Putman City Dancing School.  She was the girl with the dark wavy hair and kind eyes."

Sue worked up the courage and called Jack in December.  They talked for hours.

My mom said," I think he liked talking to me because he wants to come to Fort Worth and take me out on New Years Eve. I said sure, I don't have anything better to do."

So Jack came, they went out, and a love affair blossomed.  It turns out Jack and my mom were both baptized in the same Ten Street Baptist Church.  They had many things and common and old stories to talk about.

I said, "Mom, I think he is a gift from God." She said , "I think you're right."  They've been seeing each other for five years now.  He's helped her through lonely time and Sue has helped him.  They write passionate love letters to each other.  Jack takes Sue to his WWII reunions and he looks great in his old uniform.


"He eats like a bird so he can fit into his old uniform." explained Sue. "But he still looks good in it."

Clara Mae had the love to think of my mom.  She had the love to go beyond herself and get these two love birds together.

I think that's love.

No comments: