wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Sunday, July 18, 2010

What Will You Leave Behind?

As I listened to my mom's first cousins memorial service for Doris Jean McPherson Gary, the preacher kept asking the question...

What will you leave behind?

The church's sanctuary was full of Doris's friends and family. As I talked to Doris's friends I listened to their stories about how she impacted their lives. I always knew Doris as Uncle Oscar's daughter. But I see she was so much more. She was a seeker of truth. She wanted to impact the lives of others with her love and acceptance. She touched so many people by just talking to them. I want to be a warm friend who listens. I want to be the person who asks, How are you? I don't want it to be about me, I want it to be about how I loved.

No comments: