wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Without Electricity Or Power

Texas is part of the vast 2000 mile radius of winter snow and ice.  I had a snow day so it was fun staying at home.  While I was home the electricity went out over the period of the day to conserve energy.  The fifteen minutes the electricity was off seemed like hours.  I thought just a hundred years ago people lived without electricity and were just fine.  I realized how dependent I am on the need to turn on the light so my rooms are bright and cozy.  I take for granted how easy it is to heat up soup in the microwave.  My laptop was charged so I tried to use it while the electricity was off.  Then I realized it didn't work because the router hooked up to the main computer was not charged.  I thought am I charged to Jesus my source?  Am I depending on scripture today?  Am I using this time to think about Him my source.  John 15:5  I am the Vine: you are the branches.  Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit.  However, apart from Me (cut off from vital union with me) you can do nothing.

No comments: