wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Contemporary Easter Play River of Glory April 20th

I play pride for a contemporary Easter play at my church, River of Glory. In the play Jesus deals with the seven deadly sins in love. He says I have loved you with an everlasting love.

It has been fun getting to know the other actors and feeling apart of a community. The director Mike has spent many endless hours building the set. He designed it to the nearest inch and put it together with the help of other cast members in one day. We have our one last rehearsal tonight before the opening night.

The play has made me ponder on the seven deadly sins. Dante's Divine Comedy, in Purgatorio named the sins in his play. Human nature has always battled greed, sloth, lust, gluttony, anger, envy and the eldest sin of all, pride. Some people see the sins as interconnected. The latin words for the sins are: superbia, avaritia, luxuria, invidia, gula, ira and accidia.

The opposite of the sins are chastity, moderation, charity, zeal, meekness, generosity, and humility. I believe the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit lets you walk in love, joy and peace. I am asking for God to help me not to keep a record of wrongs and love without resentment. Walking in love is a challenge every day. I noticed I feel His presence more when I cling to, rely upon, and have faith in Jesus. He came to the earth to set us free from our sins. Jesus died for me, that I might be set free. I gave him all my cares, he gives me all His peace.

No comments: