wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Muppet Movie Showcased at the Dallas International Film Festival 2011

It was Family Day at the Dallas International Film Festival.  Children had fun taking their pictures with Spider man, ET and Sully. The Junior League volunteered their time to provide fun craft activities for kids to do.   Children pretended to be stars as they were spotlighted down the red carpet.  The grand finally was the outdoor showing of the Muppet Movie by Jim Henson.  I helped with the information booth about the upcoming events for the Film Festival.  There was a sack full of puppets left under the table.  I couldn't resist to examine them one by one.  I first pulled out Kermit the Frog, a beloved character Jim Henson created.  Of course you can't have Kermit the Frog without Miss Piggy because their romance was in full blossom.  As I put my hand in the puppets their characters came alive.  Miss Piggy loves shopping.
 She asked each child, "So what did you buy today?"
 She couldn't help but talk about her many boyfriends, especially the one from Italy!!  Kermit was a little jealous but she made him feel better when she reassured,
"Kermit, you're the only one I loved!"
 The Muppet Movie started playing and a tear came to my eye.  It was a while since I watched the Muppet Movie with my boys.  Their characters transcend a generation.  Jim Henson brought to life characters children identified with.
Children kept asking, " Are these puppets real?"
 Jim Henson created such believable characters children were amazed and wanted to ask them questions.  Thank you Jim Henson for being so creative so we can enjoy your characters for generations to come.

No comments: