wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Characters

Classes  decorated pumpkins to show characters from  favorite books.  Red pipe cleaners represented curly hair.  Little Red Riding Hood wanted to bring goodies to her grandma but was met with a wolf in the deep dark woods.  Arthur always teaches a lesson children can understand.  Children's literature takes children on magical journeys creating images in their mind.  Classic stories have been passed down from generation to generation.  My favorite childhood book was the Story of Peter Rabbit.   My grandmother read me the book as I sat on her lap.  As her voice read the exciting adventure of Peter I knew stories were important.  They teach lessons, reveal characters we can relate to, and keep our interest as we want to know more.  As we celebrate National Author's Day November first its a time to say thank you to the people who bring us American Classics.


No comments: