wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Traditions

My mom will be turning ninety-one in December.  It is tradition to have Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom's home.  It is a little more difficult for her to walk now but she insists for everyone to still come over.

"The boys like to come over to Grandmas," she explained.  "I may not be able to have them much longer."

We sat the table together in preparation for the big day.  First the decision of the perfect tablecloth was made with lace edged on the sides.  The gold plated dishes came out from the top shelf of the cupboard, used for special occasions. I carefully brought out the Thanksgiving Turkeys tucked away in her secret closet of goodies.  A tree of golden leaves was placed in the middle to match the gold on the ridge of the porcelain china.

The carefully prepared table gave my mom a visual of hope and love as she walked around her home  assisted with a walker.  Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks to God for your loved ones.  It will be an extra special Thanksgiving because my precious mom is still here with us.  

No comments: