wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rejoice Poem by Ann Weems

Rejoice

O Lord, there just aren't enough choir boys
to sing what I feel,
There aren't enough trumpets to blow,
I want to dance in the streets of Bethlehem!
I want to sing with the heavenly host!
For unto us a son was given
And he was called God With Us
For those of us who believe,
The whole world is decorated in love!


I read this poem today from my Women's Devotional Bible.  The poem is by Ann Weems who cried out to God for help because she lost her son an hour after his twenty first Birthday.  She wrote poems of sorrow to God for the grief she felt because he was taken  As she cried out tears of heartache to God night after night she was comforted by His peace.  The peace that passes understanding.  The peace that comes like the wind blowing in the breeze.  Sometimes you feel a blast of peace because of the beauty of the world.  If you see God's love in nature the whole world is decorated in love!!  I love this line of the poem because God loves me through my beautiful back yard.  The roses are blooming now and I feel it is Jesus's way of saying I love you Sandra.  You are precious to me.  I see you and I know your heart.  God sees everyone's heart and knows each painful memory.  God wants us to rejoice because he can take away pain and give us peace.  Supernatural peace that can only come from His Holy Spirit.  His peace is a gift to us.  All we have to do is ask and believe in His Son, Jesus  who was sent to the world to Be With US.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy and peace.

No comments: