wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Monday, March 10, 2014

Ducks Are Back

My neighbor called me up and said, "Come out in the front yard, the ducks are back."
I quickly grabbed my Zony and went outside to see Momma and Daddy Duck again.  They returned for spring to splash in the creek a half mile from our home.  They remembered me and let me take another photo.

"Hi old friends," I whispered to them.  "I made a book about your ducklings.  I told how you built a nest in our backyard year after year.  I wrote how you have been together for over fifteen years, maybe longer.  I know you probably miss the duckling days when they swam in my pool to learn how to dabble for insects.  You were a good Momma and taught them well.  Your ducklings are probably raising their own families now.  I know you must be proud Daddy Duck."

They listened to my soft voice as if they understood every word.  We have a bond now.  They know I care about their lives and look forward to seeing them year after year.  It gives me a since of comfort knowing nature shows the cycle of life.


No comments: