wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Memories

I explained to  my second grade students we might have a special visitor today.  My husband usually brings me pink roses on Valentine's Day to my classroom.  Sure enough, right after the spelling test I heard.

"Ms. Kent, there  is someone  in the room for you."  I glanced to the door and there he was holding a dozen pink roses in a  beautiful striped vase.

I gave him a big hug and said, "Thank you. that's so sweet of you."

"Okay students do you have any questions you want to ask my husband?" I questioned.

"How many years have you been married?"  a student asked.

Jim said,  "Let's do the math.  If we got married in 1988 and its 2015 how many years is that?"  Two eager students went up to the board and started subtracting.  

"It's twenty-seven years,"  a  student called out.


"How old were you when you got married?"

 He answered "mmmmmm thirty ........I said," Five."  I knew that quickly because he is four years older than me.

" Do you have any children?"

"Yes two in graduate school." he answered proudly.


"Okay let me ask you some questions.  What country do we live in? " he wondered what they would say..

Some students said, "Texas."

In a child's scope of things Texas does seem like a country full of Texas Bluebonnets, Texas Longhorn Cattle, and  Texas Pride.

Finally a child shouted out,  "The United States of America." I was relieved they knew the answer.

It's was so fun having Jim see the students I so love and talk about.  He was impressed everyone wanted to answer questions.






Later we had our Valentine's Party and the students exchanged their cards.  I remembered when I was in second grade and read each Valentine  with care.  Valentines Day exposes the treasures of our hearts.  It's nice to know my husband is thoughtful enough to come to my school and give me beautiful pink roses.




No comments: