wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Monday, July 20, 2015

Emeril Lagasse's Talent Shines in Vegas

Only in Vegas do you get to choose from so many fine restaurants.  Hotels specialize in famous chefs to get customers to pick their dining experience.  We weren't disappointed in Emeril Lagasse's New American eatery, Table 10 and Delmonico Steak House at the Venetian.

"Las Vegas has truly become the world's restaurant capital," said Emeril.  "Las Vegas has the best collection of celebrity restaurants and chefs of any city in the world."

Emeril began in Las Vegas in 1995 at  MGM Grand with the Fish House.  Now he has 13 award wining restaurants, with three in Louisiana,  He specializes in New Orleans cuisine with a creative approach to Creole.  How does a Massachusetts native learn how to cook excellent seafood?  Lagesse was executive head chef at the honored New Orleans restaurant, Commander's Palace from 1982 to 1990. He was only 23 years old when he started.   I have a self to text connection with the restaurant because I dined with my husband in the late 80's.  I remember every sight and sound of the magical night.  It was one of the finest places I've ever dined.  I even purchased the cookbook. So I was surprised to see Emeril was responsible for such wonderful food. 





 He passed his knowledge to Table Ten in Vegas. 

 Our service was excellent.

I ordered Crab Cakes because they are my favorite.  The menu said it was Emeril's specialty.  I was not disappointed because they were cooked to perfection.  It was just the appetizer but it was so rich I ate it as a meal.  I savored every bite of mouth watering perfection.  I have attempted to create crab cakes at home but they were nothing like this. 



We shared Emeril's New Orleans BBQ Shrimp with a rosemary biscuit.  He must have flown the Gulf Shrimp from Louisiana, it was so fresh.  Tim Doolittle, executive chef at Table 10 has mastered the art of creating wonderful dishes.  
Lagasse opened his first restaurant called Emeril's in 1990 located in the underdeveloped Warehouse District.  The menu had a combined flavor of French, Spanish, Caribbean, Asian, and Lagasse's native Portuguese cuisine.  His mother was from Portugal so I think a lot of who he is came from his mom. He worked in a Portuguese bakery as a teenager and discovered his talent for cooking.  He passed up a scholarship playing percussion because of his love for creating dishes as an art.  


  Emeril's was named best new restaurant of the year by Esquire magazine in 1992.  Then he created his first cookbook in 1993 called Emeril's NEW New Orleans Cooking.  This caught the eye of Food Network and launched his series Essence of Emeril.  It was the beginning of famous chefs becoming movie star status.   I grew up with Julia Child who was a favorite of mine as a teenager.  My mom and I watched together.  Emeril revealed his own personality by saying catch phrases like, "Bam," and "Kick it up a notch!"  


The next evening we ate at Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian. 



 It was a classic steakhouse with a Creole flair.  I had the fabulous Salmon with assorted peppers and crispy onions on top.  It had a unique blend of flavors with a fresh citrus sang.  My husband had the traditional steak.

He said it was tender and delicious with just the right seasonings.  


I took a pic of the elegant china to make the evening more special.




Cooking I believe comes from the heart and he seems to have a big one.   Emeril Lagasse's Foundation has distributed more than 6 million in grants for children's charities.  He started an outdoor classroom with gardens and fresh foods cafeteria.  It would be so fun for my students to have a field trip to sample fresh vegetables. There is a teaching kitchen at Edible Schoolyard in New Orleans.  Liberty's Kitchen trains at risk youth in the hospitality industry.  Each fall the foundation hosts a fundraiser called Carnivale du Vin.  Wish I could fly to New Orleans to attend and help in his endeavors.  He even contributed several recipes to the meal selection on the international Space Station. 


 Emeril Lagasse seems to have energy to try new endeavors with creativity and flair. It shows in the smallest of details in everything he is a part of.  Look at this marvelous light fixture at Table Ten, so unique and distinctive, just like Emeril.

1 comment:

Weddings Sparklers said...

Weddingsparklerstore can offers the Wedding Sparklers.