wwwyoutube.com/usermskents

Loading...

Monday, October 24, 2016

Bob Dylan, A Sweet Sound of Humility, in Concert at Winstar

Bob Dylan, the spokesman for a generation, played with a sweet sound of humility at the Winstar in Oklahoma, after recently winning the Nobel Prize in Literature.  The closest photograph I could take of Bob Dylan was the sign in front of the entrance to the seating area.  In big letters was NO PHOTOGRAPHY!  Since my number one goal was to take a photograph I was a little disappointed.    It is historic Dylan won the Noble Prize in Literature and I wanted to record a little piece of history.




 People in the elevator said after the concert,  "He didn't mention the prize.  In fact he didn't even speak to the audience."

I said, "He seemed very humble."

Sometimes silence is more powerful than words.  We don't know publicly what Bob Dylan is thinking about being the first musician to win the Noble Prize in Literature.  Perhaps later he will do a Barbara Walters interview.  I'm sure deep down it  made him a little happy.  He isn't revealing his thoughts and feelings about it right now.   But what is so terrible about that?  His words in his songs express his feelings for the past five decades.

So as a first hand witness to his delightful concert at the Winstar, a place to escape,




 I want to give my impressions.  Mothers and daughters were sitting side by side.  The lady in front of me had a garland of dried flowers embracing her head as a symbol, I'm apart of the flower child generation. I remember when he fought for equal rights and was a symbol of the movement.  Her daughter gently fixed her flowers so it was ever so perfect right before the concert.  They looked at each other with loving eyes to know I understand how special it is to be in the audience.  It was a memory they will cherish forever.

I saw  men and women coming together as  unified groups saying,
" I love his lyrics and can't wait to hear his passionate voice say them with honesty."

I saw loving couples of men and women sitting side by side, holding hands.   The lady next to me said I don't know how much my husband paid for the tickets but I'm so glad he bought them for me.  She gave one of those yells from deep in her belly that said Bob Dylan brought back a truck  full of happy memories.

He sang for ninety minutes of sure bliss.  Each song was a surprise as the chords of the tune trickled hints of the melody to come.  The seventy five year old musician's voice was a little raspy but it made the words to his songs resonant with purity.

 The vibe in the audience was electrifying as he opened with "Things have Changed."
by Bob Dylan
 Worried man with a worried mind
No One in front of me and nothing behind
There's a woman
Got white skin got assassin's eyes
I'm looking up into the sapphire tinted skies
I'm well dressed, waiting on the last train

Standing on the gallows with my head in a noose
Any minute now I'm expecting all hell to break loose

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

This place ain't doing me any good
I'm in the wrong town, I should be in Holly wood
Just for a second there I thought I saw something move
Gonna take dancing lessons do the jitterbug rag
Ain't no shortcuts, gonna dress
Only a fool in here would think he's got anything to prove
'

Dylan chose for his grand finale "Why Try to Change Me Now?"  As he sang the song he seemed so sweet, not angry.  It was as if to say I am who I am.

Why Change me Now originally by Frank Sinatra
I'm sentimental
So I walk in the rain
I've got some habits
That I can't explain
Could start for the corner
Turn up in Spain
Why try to change me now

I sit and daydream
I've got daydreams galore
Cigarette ashes
There they go on the floor
I go away weekends
And leave my keys in the door
but why try to change me now

Why can't I be more conventional
People talk
People stare
So I try
But that's not for me
Cuz I can't see
My kind of crazy world
Go passing me by
So let people wonder
Let em laugh
Let em frown
You know I'll love you
Till the moon's upside down

Don't you remember
I was always your clown
Why try to change me now
Don't  you remember
I was always  your clown
Why try to change me
Why try to change me now

The audience in Oklahoma gave Dylan a standing ovation and cried for more.


He came back out for his last song of Blowin in the Wind, my favorite..   He sang the lyrics like true poetry.
I came a little closer so I could get a closer look from my C section position.  He moved from mike to key board so gracefully.  As if the instruments were an extension of his being.

Fans lined up to get the latest TShirt with his face etched in the fabric.  Leather bracelets were sold with a silver emblem of his name.

The last time I saw Bob Dylan was at the Bronco Bowl in 1980.  He was just as delightful as years in the past.  He has aged with wisdom but I think a big dose of humility is sprinkled to make the seasoning just right.  Go see Bob Dylan in concert if you get a chance.  It's well worth it!!!! 

No comments: